Believe also offers classes year-round that are non-heated. Please note that during the hot summer months we are a non-heated studio with the exception of a few classes.
HATHA YOGA/ALL LEVELS
This class will focus on the whole practice of Yoga. Yoga asanas (postures) and pranayama (breathing exercises) help to bring balance to the body. This class will help you to increase your flexibility and strength, improve your balance and deal with stresses in our daily lives. Relaxation will be incorporated to establish a deeper connection to yourself and help you feel rejuvenated. Beginner, intermediate and more advanced variations of the asanas will be provided with a focus on proper breathing and safe alignment. Whether you are a novice or more experienced with Yoga, you will leave this class feeling the inherent balance of being both recharged and relaxed.
- Learn relaxation techniques that can quickly change your mental, emotional and physical being.
- Guides you into a healthier lifestyle, relieves stress, and allows our bodies to experience physical gratification, both through the poses and the benefits of being in the gentle Infrared Heat.
A great class if you are New to Yoga. Also for those wanting a gentle paced class with focus on breath in combination with postures. Allows the body to open which releases stress and tension, and increases flexibility. Enjoyable for beginners, those with health concerns or those who enjoy a slower pace.
Have difficulty with getting up and down from the floor to standing? Please let us know and we will provide you with a chair and suitable poses while being fully included during the class. We want Yoga to be accessible to everyone.
- Helps to get the body out of stress-mode, release tension, calm the nervous system, and promote clearer thinking.
- Restores an overall sense of balance to the body, the mind and the soul through stimulating your body’s natural healing ability.
- Increases flexibility which leads to increased mobility and less chance of injury.
- Promotes emotional well-being and helps to reduce and manage anxiety and depression.
“I was so curious about Yoga but so nervous to try a class… this is the perfect class for me!”
“I felt completely at ease and enjoyed the movement in my body that was accessible to me with the poses offered during this class. I did not feel there were expectations put on me; rather there was encouragement.”
“This class offers me self-healing both physically and emotionally that I can also practice at home. I refer to this class as ‘Therapeutic Touch’ for my body, heart and mind.”
“I never came to a class before because I am unable to get up and down without assistance. A chair was provided for me without me feeling awkward, and I was pleasantly surprised as to how included I felt during the class. If this is your situation I encourage you to come and experience this class.”
A dynamic style of Yoga in which you will build heat, endurance, flexibility and strength. The postures, also known as asanas, are connected through synchronized breath to movement to inspire a balance between physical, energetic, mental, intuitive, and pure bliss states of consciousness. Modifications will be offered throughout the class, so you can choose the level that suits you best. You can choose the first level of modifications offered, and truly experience the effects of alignment with a connection to the breath; or you can choose the intermediate to advanced level for a more dynamic, vigorous practice. We at Believe Yoga encourage you to listen to your own body throughout the practice and poses offered.
- Builds muscle, endurance, flexibility and strength, as well as focus for the mind and body to work together.
- Promotes weight loss and a toned body which enhances confidence and self-image.
- Strengthens all areas of the body to give you the ability to take both your Yoga practice and other fitness activities to a higher level.
- Improves posture and agility, as well as brings clarity to your mind as you concentrate on your breath.
Yin Yoga is the opposite of all other types of Yoga. Yang (all other Yoga types) practice holds the postures for a shorter amount of time and usually with the muscles working. Yin Yoga is practiced with the muscles relaxed and held for a much longer period of time. Yin is primarily concerned with ligaments, joint capsules and connective tissues. Most Yin postures are on the mat (non-standing) and are held for a minimum of two minutes each!
- Physically benefits the connective tissues around the muscles and joints to maintain agility and mobility.
- A Yin practice also helps maintain our emotional health as the nervous system is calmed and the mind is encouraged towards stillness while the poses are held for varying periods of time.
Combining the best of both practices. This class brings the lengthening and stretching qualities of yoga together with the muscular strengthening exercises of Pilates. Alignment principles, breath focus, standing, seated, and supine postures are encompassed in this class. This class will help build the foundation of your practice. Modifications will be given to accommodate the needs of each individual, so do not be shy to attend this class.
- Develops a strong core which leads to alleviating back pain, and creates better posture.
- Promotes strength, stronger muscles for a leaner appearance, and increases flexibility.
- A great calorie burning class to aid in weight loss and toning your body.
Yoga involving moving the spine in all directions, and opening the body with long held, fully supported poses. Overall health is enhanced by a healthy spine. Restorative yoga is a soothing and nurturing practice that promotes the effects of conscious relaxation, with the benefits being: lowered heart rate, lowered blood pressure, better digestion, and improved sleep…just to name a few!!
- Reduces stress, blood pressure, sugar levels and muscle tension.
- Improves quality of sleep and reduces insomnia.
- Improves mental awareness and enhances patience within yourself, as well as with others.
- Recommended for those who want to enjoy supported Yoga poses with the infrared heat, and also for those struggling with chronic pain both physically and emotionally.
DEEP STRETCH & RELAXATION
This class is a gentle paced class with focus on stretching & relaxing while combining the use of breath with postures. The combination of the two allows the body to release tension, tightness and promotes relaxation. It will always be your choice how deeply you choose to stretch. This class is a great choice for those who are beginners, those with health concerns or those who enjoy a slower pace. Suitable for all.
- Reduces tension, promotes relaxation, balance, calmness and a sense of peace.
- Promotes flexibility for those who are super stiff to those who are super flexible.
Explore a gentle, guided meditation in a calm and comfortable setting, for all levels from first timers to advanced practitioners. Inspire the mind, ground the body, and deepen your connection within yourself. You will learn tools to reconnect with yourself throughout your day, and discover how to start or rekindle a personal meditation practice on your own.
- Better sleep at night which leads to more energy, better concentration and memory retention during the day.
- Helps us understand our emotions and reactions.
- Allows us to tap into our own creativity and intuition.
- Helps us to deal with the management of chronic pain whether it be physical, mental or emotional.
“Believe is a studio that provides a safe and supported journey to experience meditation”.
“My weekly meditation practice has helped me enjoy a significant increase in my clarity and focus for my work and personal life”.
“My anxiety is much less when I attend regularly”.
Yin provides a deeper stretch primarily concentrating on ligaments and connective tissues. Encourages slow and safe stretching for excellent stretch release while providing the body greater strength and stamina. Excellent choice for runners to help open hips, pelvis, and the lower spine. A good class for beginners to advanced fitness levels.
- Improves flexibility of the body’s connective tissues and joints with an emphasis on hips, thighs and the lower spinal area.
- Slows the aging process and helps reduce risks associated with mobility issues.
- A great counterbalance that leads to improvement with other sports, activities and power Yoga in your life.
- Beneficial in leading to develop a meditation practice.
“The inflammation in my joints has significantly decreased. The infrared benefits provide me a safe, warm environment to enjoy the stretching and strengthening my body responds to so well when playing the sports I enjoy”.
“The class is wonderful for my body to be held in the long stretches, while my mind enjoys a wonderful release from the chatter”.
A Yoga of “awareness” to encourage us to connect our mind, body, and heart to our own vital energy within ourselves. Kundalini Yoga helps us tap into the energy at the base of our spine that is drawn up through poses and breath to awaken our own energy (Chakra) centres.There will also usually be a short meditation; maybe even a bit of chanting which you can choose to join or listen. The use of chanting and mantras are words and sounds to encourage meditation and awaken inner feelings. Enjoy this style of Yoga while embracing your own inner spiritual growth. This is a non-religious based class.
- Strengthens the nervous system and enhances concentration, clarity and mental focus.
- Your own awareness of inner strength and security develops and helps to release negative thought patterns.
- The use of mantras and chanting allows us to experience sound vibrations that radiates through our mind, body, and spirit to heal us on many levels.
- Life’s decisions and choices become easier as your own intuition is developed and encouraged to become more radiant within yourself.
“It truly is the Yoga of Awareness for myself as it has encouraged me to become a stronger person inside my physical body”.
“I love the experience of the variety of this class with the offerings of movement, chanting, and meditation…John has a vibrant, yet gentle personality that puts me at ease to enjoy all this class has to offer”.
“This class encourages me to listen to the teacher within myself”.